- This event has passed.
Theatre in Education – Road Show (Week 1)
September 25th 2023 - September 29th 2023
Our free theatre-in-education productions aim to raise awareness about road safety with the objective to continue reducing the number of fatalities and injuries on Sussex’s’ roads. As Year 7s and Year 11s become independent travellers, though in different ways, the skills taught through the SSRP roadshows could save students’ lives.
33 percent of all road traffic injuries to 15 and 16 year olds in Sussex in the last 5 years have been to car
passengers and 266 pedestrians aged 11-16 were killed and injured on Sussex roads in the past three
These workshops are invaluable in educating the next generation of road users and as they are free!
All you need to know
• The SSRP roadshows are completely free of charge to your school
• Each session lasts around 45 minutes
• The performances are designed for Year 7 and Year 11 students
• Both morning and afternoon sessions are available
• The show can cater for around 200 students or one year group at a time
• The team require access to your hall one hour before your show time – we being everything we need with us!
All you need to do
• Request a date and time for the shows to visit your school – calling us on 020 8973 0040 or emailing the team at email@example.com
• Once you have a date confirmed return the booking form, signed, to our booking team
• Provide a performance space for our team to use, such as a hall or drama studio – we bring everything else
• Make available a parking spot for a large van as close to the performance space as possible
• Ensure the performance space is available for one hour prior to your show time so our team can set up
If your school is interesting in booking all you need to do is call our booking team on 0208 973 0040 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can support you through the process.
Please do not hesitate in contacting the team to eradicate any concerns you may have and help us; help you support our young people.