About the Courses
If we’re looking to change people’s attitudes to road safety and driver behaviour, sometimes prosecution isn’t the right tool to use.
The National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme (NDORS) is unique to the UK and was developed as an alternative to points and fines. The scheme allows motorists who have committed a minor offence, at the discretion of the local Chief Constable, to have educational courses with the aim of improving their knowledge and behaviour, providing a safer road environment for everyone.
NDORS courses do not have a pass or fail element, with the exception of the “Your Belt-Your Life” on-line course. The courses instead focus on changing driving behaviour, attitude and prevent motorists re-offending again.
However, if you fail to complete the whole course or are disruptive (the course provider will give ample advice) the option of taking a course as an alternative to a fine and points may be withdrawn but the legal process will continue.
Anybody caught committing a low-level traffic offence may only be offered one course within a 3-year time period. If a person commits one of these offences again within 3 years, they will have to pay a fine and have points on their licence.
Please see below the NDORS courses we offer across East & West Sussex:
- National Speed Awareness Course (NSAC)
- What’s Driving Us? (WDU)
- Safe and Considerate Driving (SCD)
- National Motorway Course (NMAC)
What if I turn up late?
It is important that you arrive in good time for registration; if you are late you will be refused entry to the course.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
You MUST bring photographic ID with you for both digital and in-person courses .i.e Photocard Driving Licence, or Passport (out of date passport will be acceptable if the trainer will be able to see this is a true likeness). We can only accept original documents (electronic copies or photocopies cannot be accepted).
If you do not have either one of the forms of photo ID please contact the service provider on 0330 222 8999.
If you have any additional requirements which could affect your attendance on the course please inform the service provider on 0330 222 8999 or email@example.com These may include nursing mother, BSL interpreter, language translator, or you require subtitles or a hearing loop.
Can I complete my course online?
Sussex Driver Training are delighted to announce that in conjunction with UKROEd, we are able to offer iNSAC (Digital Classroom National Speed Awareness Course, iNMAC (Digital Classroom National Motorway Course), iWDU (Digital Classroom What’s Driving Us Course) and ISCD (Digital Safe and Considerate Driving Course) that can be delivered via Digital Classroom Platforms along with our traditional in-person courses in a limited number of physical venues.
Should you wish to undertake our digital course, the following will be required:
- You will need a quiet room where you will not be interrupted, with a good internet connection. Please note that no-one else is permitted in the room once the course has started – however, you are allowed assistance to setup the course.
- You will need a device with built in camera and speakers or a device with a webcam and speakers. Please ensure that the device being used is fully charged with charger and power supply to hand.
- Paper and pen ready to make notes from the course.
- You will be required to produce Photographic Identification i.e Photocard Driving Licence, or Passport (out of date passport will be acceptable if the trainer will be able to see this is a true likeness). We can only accept original documents (electronic copies or photocopies cannot be accepted).
Unsure about a Digital Course?
There are several different options we can offer you at Sussex Driver Training:
- Firstly, all of our call handlers should be able to talk you through the joining process step by step and advise you on any issues you have.
- In addition, we also offer a full test run service with one of our technical advisors where we can set up a mock run, in advance of your course and you can be guided through the process step by step over the telephone and zoom.
- If you need to have a Carer/support worker present to support you during the course, we are more than happy for you to have this member assist you to set up or alternatively, stay with you throughout the course however we do require their full name and some form of photo ID if you wish to have them present throughout the course.
If you would like to arrange a test run or talk through any issues with one of our technical advisors please do not hesitate to contact us on via telephone 0330 222 8999 (Mon-Fri 09:00am-3:30pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
How do I join the course?
We strongly advise all clients to download the ‘Zoom – One Platform to Connect’ App in advance of joining your course. This can be downloaded from your device’s app store or by visiting the official zoom website – https://zoom.us/
If you already have the zoom app downloaded on to your device please ensure you have updated this to the latest version ahead of your course.
Exactly 48 hours prior to you course start date/time, you will receive a second automated email from us with the subject “Course reminder – SSX”. This email will not only act as a reminder for your upcoming course but will contain all the necessary Zoom Joining details including Meeting ID, Password and Link.
Please ensure you check your JUNK, SPAM and PROMOTIONS folders for this email. If you do not receive this email you must inform us inform us at least 24 hours before your course, so that we can assist you, as you WILL NOT be able to access your course without it. You can contact us via telephone 0330 222 8999 (Mon-Fri 09:00am-3:30pm) or email email@example.com.
Failure to notify us with sufficient notice could result in you having to pay a £45 rebooking fee to access another course.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR COURSE
You must join your course at least 10 minutes prior to the official course start time and have your booking reference ready.
To do so, simply open up your zoom app and select ‘Join a Meeting’ thereafter input the Meeting ID and Password.
Remember you want to allow zoom to access your camera and video plus allow your device to connect to your Wi-Fi.
Please note the official registration period starts 10 minutes prior to the course start time and continues until 20 minutes after the official start time. The trainer has to complete individual registration therefore please do not be alarmed if you remain in the waiting room during this time.
For further information about the course, please follow the youtube video link below. The video will advise what you need to do in preparation for your course and also what will happen on the day.
Please note you cannot access your course via the YouTube link.
For all new bookings please follow instructions on your course offer letter and register your acceptance of the course offer with NDORS the follow the guidance to book in your preferred area or use the postcode of PO22 9RE for digital classroom courses.
If you have any questions, queries or have any additional requirements you would like to make us aware of then please call our team on 0330 222 8999 Monday –Friday 9.00am-3.30pm.
Can I attend a course in person?
Yes, we offer a blended approach to our courses meaning we still offer in-person venue courses at a limited number of venues throughout the Sussex County.
We run courses in the following venues:
Should you have any further questions, you may find our Frequently Asked Questions pages helpful. However, if you still require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.