Tips on Measuring for A Scooter or Chair
Measurements are critical for everyday scooter users.
- Seat Depth: Measure from the base of the spine to the inside of the knee, minus at least two inches, you can allow for more leg over hang if required.
- Back Height: Measured from the seat base to the top of the chair back. On powered chairs extra support is needed because of initial acceleration effects.
- Footrest Support Angle: This determines how far your toes stick out. A smaller angle means you can turn in a smaller space. Dependant on knee flexibility.
- Seat Width: The widest point of the body between knee and hip, with an added inch to allow for movement. Take into consideration clothing such as heavy coats.
- Front of Seat to the Ground: Measure your leg from behind your knee to the sole of your foot then take away the thickness of the compressed seat cushion and add a minimum of two inches to allow the footrest to clear.