You may be ready for Christmas (and we’re pretty jealous if you are), but is your car ready for winter?
If you’ve never heard of winter tyres, watch this video from TyreSafe. It explains how winter tyres are specially adapted for differences in road surfaces and different temperatures from the summer – and the results are surprising.
And there’s more than just tyres to consider when driving in the winter. If you’re travelling this season, you’re probably listing all the things you shouldn’t forget to take. Add the following to your “to do” list:
- P.O.W.D.E.R check on your vehicle: Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage, Electrics (lights and more), Rubber (tyres, wiper blades).
- Sunglasses for winter sun in your glove compartment.
- Ice scraper for the chilly mornings.
- High-viz jacket in case you break down.
- Bottle of water for long journeys.
- Insurance and recovery company details.
- Cloth for cleaning dirty number plates and headlights.
- Check your spare tyre (if you have one).
- Most of all, get there in one piece.